Get active courses
In line with current government guidelines we are unable to run any face to face courses.
Do you want to look good and feel great? Then why not sign up to a Get Active course near you and get fitter, healthier and feel great!
‘Get Active’ is a course aiming to support and guide you through your first steps to getting active or getting back into activity.
- 10 session Exercise to Music course: a ten session course for beginners aiming to support and guide individuals through their first steps to getting active or getting back into activity. Sessions will be led by a qualified instructor who will tailor the class to suit individual needs.
- 10 session Learn to Run course: Have you ever wanted to start running but not known where to start? Why not sign up to our learn to run course? The course is led by qualified instructors who will help get you from walking to jogging gradually.
- Outdoor Fitness: We have teamed up with OMF to offer a 10 session course offering participants a great introduction to exercise in a small and friendly group.This is perfect if you are looking to get active and enjoy the outdoors. Over the course of 10 sessions (one per week) you will get a taste of all sorts of exercises aimed at beginners, and our friendly instructor will tailor exercises to suit all individuals.
- Swimming - the aquatic route to fitness. A chance to use the pool and try Aqua classes.
- Walk-Fit - if you think running might be too much for you, or you have injuries of joint problems that preclude running, how about trying Walk-Fit? This is a ten week graded exercise programme to improve aerobic fitness, stamina and strength.
- Pilates - Pilates is a form of exercise that focuses on balance, posture, strength and flexibility. It's suitable for people of all ages and like all of our Get Active courses is aimed at people who are taking their first steps to getting active. Sessions will be held online via Zoom and prior to the first session the instructor will get in touch to find out more about you and talk you through what to expect.
Please feel free to submit an enquiry form (new window) or call us on 01403 215111 and we will keep you up-to-date with any changes.
All courses are subject to eligibility criteria.