Grants and assistance

Financial help to adapt or repair your home

Horsham District Council (HDC) provide a range of grants and assistance to people who own or live in private sector accommodation.

Whilst it is primarily the responsibility of homeowners to maintain their own properties, HDC are able to help vulnerable and poorer homeowners with repairs and improvements, especially where this benefits health or allows people to remain in their own homes.

A specific cash limit is set annually by the Council.

Heating and energy efficiency

Energy efficiency improvements are addressed primarily by promoting nationally available grants and discount schemes. Free and independent advice is available to all residents through the designated officer of the Council (01403 215641).

Emily Mills Will Trust

This Trust offers small, one-off grants of £100 - £150 per household, to all residents in Horsham District. Grants are available for essential equipment, food, clothing, bills, furniture or similar, on a case-by-case basis, subject to a simple application and approval process.

A Support Worker / Social Worker will need to apply for this on your behalf.

Forms can be requested by emailing the Community Development team at Horsham District Council or calling them on 01403 215216.

Your Wellbeing hub