Weight off workshops (WOW)
Do you feel you are overweight?
Are you ready to create healthier habits?
We run a number of different Weight off Workshops (WOW) aimed at helping you achieve your goals. These workshops are held at various times, days and venues throughout the district.
Each 12 week course offers the following:
- 12 weekly group workshops that cover topics such as healthy eating, exercise, stress and sleep
- Weekly sessions lasting 45 - 90 minutes depending which course you opt for
- Small groups for maximum support and motivation
- Nutritional advice based on the Eat Well Guide
- Private weekly weigh-ins, nutrition and activity reviews, along with individual goal setting
- A free WOW toolkit including the British Heart Foundation Eat Well Guide, food and exercise diary, weight tracker card, recipe and exercise booklets along with a resistance band
- Access to our Get active courses if appropriate
- Access to the Exercise Referral Scheme if appropriate
WOW is for you if:
- Your BMI is between 25 and 40. You can check this using the NHS BMI calculator (please note some health conditions may also affect your eligibility). If your BMI is over 40 you can ask your GP to refer you to the Tier 3 Weight Management service or speak to us to arrange a one-to-one appointment with a Wellbeing Advisor
- You are ready to make small, sustainable changes every week focusing on nutrition and exercise
- You are able to commit to attending a minimum of 10 out of 12 sessions
- You are willing to complete all the evaluation paperwork