Weight off workshops (WOW)
Do you feel you are overweight?
Have you been putting on the pounds recently? Are you ready to create healthier habits?
We run a number of different Weight off Workshops (WOW) aimed at helping you achieve your goals.
Each 12 week course offers the following:
- Two private one-on-one coaching sessions with the course leader, covering introductions, expectations, barriers and triggers. You will then go on to join the weekly group workshops
- 10 weekly group workshops that cover topics such as healthy eating, exercise, stress and sleep
- Weekly sessions lasting 45 - 90 minutes depending which course you opt for
- Small groups for maximum support and motivation
- Nutritional advice based on the Eat Well Guide
- Private weekly weigh-ins, nutrition and activity reviews, along with individual goal setting
- WOW Toolkit including BHF Eat Well Guide, Food & Exercise Diary, Weight Tracker Card and an exercise resistance band
- The option to choose a free activity/exercise session to attend on a weekly basis
- Access to our get active (new window) courses if appropriate
WOW is for you if you are:
- Ready to make small, sustainable changes every week focusing on nutrition and exercise
- Able to commit to attending a minimum of 9 out of 12 sessions
- Willing to complete all the evaluation paperwork
Types of WOW courses that you can join:
- Virtual WOW (online) - see our course details page (new window)
- WOW over the phone - see our course details page (new window)
- WOW Face-to-face group session - see our course details page (new window)
- WOW Plus - face-to-face group session - see our course details page (new window)
In line with Government guidelines and the current lockdown we are unable to run our face to face courses.