Talks & Workshops
Wellbeing Talks & Workshops
Our free group talks and workshops are a friendly and informal way to find out information on a range of subjects:
Pre Diabetes Workshop
Thursday 26th May 2022 3pm - 6pm
Our pre-diabetes programme aims to help prevent the onset of Type 2 diabetes by reducing the risks and allowing people to take more control. The session helps people set small, manageable goals to help avoid developing Type 2 diabetes. Diet, physical activity and other lifestyle factors are the main focus.
Emotional Eating & unhelpful Behaviours Workshop
Monday 4th July 2022, 9:30am - 12:30pm
This 3 hour group workshop will include:
- Reasons for wanting to change and readiness for change
- Knowing the difference between genuine hunger and emotional eating
- How the brain regulates emotions
- Identifying triggers, barriers or challenges that may be preventing change
- Simple steps and tools for managing emotional eating and preventing unhealthy behaviour
Please note: This workshop is designed to offer information and basic advice. It is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. If you suffer from an eating disorder or a mental health issue that affects your eating habits, this workshop may not be appropriate for you and you should contact your GP for advice.
High Cholesterol Workshop
Thursday 14th July 2022 11.00am - 12.30pm
The talk aims to give you the knowledge and guidance to show how a few small steps can improve your cholesterol levels and your overall general health.
During the session you will learn:
- What cholesterol is and the role it plays in the body.
- Why it is important to lower your raised cholesterol.
- How your lifestyle can impact on your cholesterol levels.
- How a few small changes can help to lower your cholesterol and reduce your risks of cardiovascular disease. Disclaimer: Our advisors can provide helpful tips and advice on lowering your cholesterol but they are not medically trained and can't answer questions on any medications you may be taking. If you have any medical questions you should seek advice from your GP.
Let's Talk About Sleep
Thursday 11th August 2022 10.00am - 11.30am
One in three people live with a sleep disorder which if left untreated can lead to disease such as heart disease and diabetes; weight gain; anxiety; depression and a lowered immune response.
This short talk will look at factors affecting sleep and highlights the reasons why we are finding it difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night. We will show you how to work out your best sleep time and figure out what type of sleeper you are and how many hours you really need. We also offer helpful tools and advice to support you getting a good night sleep.
This talk is suitable for people who have mild to moderate sleep issues. If you suffer with insomnia or any health conditions that are affecting your sleep, you should contact your GP.