Get fitter and healthier in just 10 weeks
What is it?
- The scheme offers a programme of tailor-made activity at a local leisure centre for the prevention, improvement or management of your health condition.
- You must be prepared to attend 20 appointment based sessions of exercise, preferably within a 10 week period.
- During the sessions, a trained exercise specialist will be on hand to guide and support you.
- You must be referred by a GP or other healthcare professional using the special referral form. Please note that your GP may not feel that a referral is appropriate for your condition and may be able to suggest a more appropriate Wellbeing service.
Why do it?
- The Exercise Referral Scheme gives you a specialised exercise programme which is suitable and beneficial for your particular health condition.
- The atmosphere is friendly and conducive to encouraging people of all ages and fitness levels to participate regularly in exercise.
How much will it cost?
- The consultation at the leisure centre is free.
- After that, you will be given a discounted price for the 20 sessions.
- You may also be offered an incentive to continue using the leisure centre at the end of the 20 sessions.
The referral process
Initial meeting with your GP or healthcare professional.
You meet the referral criteria.
Your GP or healthcare professional completes and signs Section A of the referral form.
You complete and sign Section B of the form.
You or your healthcare professional will then need to either send or scan/email the form to the Wellbeing team at Horsham District Council, who will arrange to meet you to discuss your needs.
The Wellbeing team will register you on the scheme with your chosen leisure centre.
The leisure centre will contact you to arrange an induction/assessment.
You start the course.
At the end of the course you will receive a questionnaire to complete .
You may be offered an incentive to continue exercising at the leisure centre.
The Horsham District Exercise Referral Scheme is currently delivered at:
- Billingshurst Leisure Centre, ~Station Road, Billingshurst RH14 9RY www.placesforpeopleleisure.org
- Broadbridge Heath Leisure Centre, Wickhurst Lane, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham RH12 3YS www.placesforpeopleleisure.org
- Chanctobury Sport & Leisure, Spierbridge Road , Storrington RH20 4PG www.impulseleisure.co.uk
- Henfield Leisure Centre, North Croft, Henfield BN5 9QB www.henfieldleisure.co.uk
- Pavilions in the Park, Hurst Road, Horsham RH12 2DF www.placesforpeopleleisure.org
- Steyning Leisure Centre, Horsham Road, Steyning BN44 3AA www.placesforpeopleleisure.org
If you would like to download a copy of the information leaflet please click on the link below.
Exercise Referral leaflet